Grangers Bouncing Around - Clanforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2

+12
Axis
Kirby
GLAMEOW
Bor.
QweefZilLa
Pkmmte
ILikeMilk
The Hovel Humper
DucTape
Menace13
swamp-cecil
KingNickolas
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tremulous / Mod?

Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap63%Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 63% 
[ 10 ]
Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2

Post  Menace13 Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:57 pm

WTH SOMEBODY DELETED ONE OF MY HUGE POSTS IN THIS THREAD THAT TOOK ALMOST AN HOUR TO WRITE >Neutral

That's the fucking gay thing about these forums: I need to remember to save every post I ever write in case some fucking retard admin decides to delete them for teh lulz :\

We need to be able to see posts that were deleted (just who it was by and who deleted it, nothing else)

If not possible, then I demand that only Battle Grangers be able to delete posts.

And if GLAMEOW was the fucktard that deleted my post, then I guess I'm not coming on these forums anymore anyways. You're all part of my past anyways, so it wouldn't bug me at all. Except Kayla and Shadow, obv. And the other cool people. Like Metroidude, Pkmmte, Bor, Blade, DucTape, Granger Hunter, Death.Ryuk, Sephiroth, Vibe, and Mr. Pirate. And then there were a lot of other cool people I didn't mention cuz they aren't in mah Skype chat, the coolest Skype chat around. Oh, and also?

Saturn plays 1.2 as well. Just thought I'd mention that.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2

Post  KingNickolas Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Menace13 wrote:Swamp: king was on at the same time as Iabz ;P

Iabz may be a good trem player, but he's also a jerkface :3

Yeah, I was on, and I didn't see warlock, seli (I'm assuming you all understand that seli = Meisseli.ddos), whales, dracone, lecavalier, ams (TBH I've never seen him on, but I hear he's really good, and he is great according to tremstats), anonymoose, etc. Well, maybe 1 or 2...

FYI king: rant is actually HARDER to kill: if you ever tried rant charge, it can own a bsuit that's trappe against a wall in a second or two. Also, it crushes humans (ANOTHER thing stolen by KoR).

Human base is EXTREMELY easy to kill unless it had teslas. I've seen 1 Adv. Mara take out an ENTIRE human base before...ON IT'S OWN! Zap RAPES turrets, and teslas are the only way to prevent that. Then again, all tesla bases suck as well, because they don't do enough damage. This and the fact that teslas don't require DC causes most human bases to use a mix of the two.

About your point on SD: the point of SD is that it's SUDDEN DEATH, as swamp nicely pointed out. And anyways, I often see ties despite the TL being 15 minutes after SD (SD at 30, TL at 45). Also, the bumped up health of almost all if not all human buildables provides a harder to kill base, making coordinated rushes absolutely necessary (except for Adv. Maras raping no-tesla bases).

About the community: I think you'll find the community is actually quite nice. In a few weeks, I have made a TON of friends, found some old friends, and had a TON of laughs. The KoRx community is a lot worse. While I admit that the best 1.2 players don't talk while playing, that is simply so they can concentrate. They all are human too and I know they have senses of humor. They all try to nade base when they win. I've seen them run around blastering the last alien. I've seen them help other people.

Slow dretch != easy to kill. BELIEVE me. I can't kill a good dretch for my life, which happens to be what is usually at stake. Try killing Meisseli and you'll see what I mean.

I'm surprised you didn't complain about the OP Maras, or the extra highly protected bsuits. I'm also surprises you didn't compliment the score system they use instead of the old kills system. It is so much better, as you can show your worth by killing the enemy base as well as by killing the enemy themselves.

Also, the admins on 1.2 are MUCH better.

My main point is, an hour isn't long enough to make a decision. Play 24 hours, then come back and complain, and maybe I'll listen to you.

As I said earlier, KoRx is gimmicky. 1.2 is for pros.

Do you mean this one? Neutral
If you say no, then i blame bor. TEEHEE
KingNickolas
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:30 pm

No, it was a post that responded to 4 posts before this one, as well as a long response towards this one, by Link.

I JUST found that I saved it just in case. I thought I hadn't but eh.

Here it is:

Time for my rant. I shrunk it to size 10 in case you wanna skip over it. 4 posts to respond to or something like that...it's gonna be big.

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:I'll have to bring in {SST}doomagent13, the most superior {SST} member remaining
You mean the one whos on the feeder list as 22nd
22 {SST}doomagent13^ 4.3578 10.8349
I'll remind you I said they wiped the leaderboard a week ago, so there are only around 150 people on the list at ALL so far. He is now number 30. BUT, if you LOOKED at numbers 3 and 23, you would see that he isn't bad at all. QRX', one of the best players on 1.2, is a bigger "feeder" than doom. Rezyn, the old SST admin, now a dev, is the 3rd biggest "feeder" on 1.2. I think I proved that the top feeders page is a lie.

Also, doom usually goes for the base to win rather than camp and killwhore. And Anyways, by superior I meant in terms of rank in the {SST} clan, or maybe just by how long he was in {SST}.

DucTape wrote:
swamp-cecil wrote:
rets are alot stronger, so then cannot be 'dretched'
This alone would keep me off 1.2, dretching is an art, and punishes poor turret placement.
Also the fact a S2 alien (Adv. Mara) can apparently easily take out any non-S3 (non-tesla) base is awful.
Just to clarify: in 1.2 dretches CANNOT EVEN HARM BUILDABLES, or at least, not fully built ones. Dretches can only hurt buildables that aren't finished building. Sorry for the confusion.
Also, the Adv. Mara is only capable of taking out a non-S3 UNDEFENDED base on its own. And only if it's a GREAT player.

Unforgiven7120 wrote:I think that N is better than all your silly servers. Throwing my two pieces out there.
And, here's some statements I need to get out, yes, it's that time again where I rant relentlessly and someone gets offended.
1.2 still isn't even out. You are not playing Tremulous 1.2. You are playing the beta (which has been released for about a year now... so I dunno what the hell they're doing now.). Also, a sequel doesn't exactly need new weapons. Think about the Call of Duty games (Not Modern Warfare, but feel free to compare MW1 to MW2). You had the M1 Garand, then you had the M1 Garand, then you had the M1 Garand. Hm... yep, no new weapons there. And, woah, let's not get carried away with calling 1.2 a sequel. If it really was a sequel, don't you think it'd be called "Tremulous 2"?
Swamp, you're in my crossfires right now. Dretching is really an art. Ductape nailed it on the head. Dretching is a very godly art especially on LAGGED servers. A good dretch can run around without dying, kill a few unarmored foes, and evade a 20+ pinger like they weren't even there. I should know, I've had Khayman AND Overdose chase me down with massdrivers, lasguns, anything that was an instant hit, and still live for 5 more minutes. That's lagged. On unlagged, I can still evade most people no matter the cost. When you were camping, you were dealing with unprofessional dretches (I would assume). Though Kirby hit the nail on the head with his statement.
My vote: Z server. Though inhabited by non-english speaking fuckjobs, it's still a nice community of cooperation and teamwork (when available. Teamwork is just as abundant on that as it is on RE5).
Oh great, this will take a while.
N as in Nuts, right? If so,
+1!!!
By 1.2 we of course mean GPP (GamePlay Preview). And while it was released more than a year now, if you stalked the Trem.net forums and any announcements there you'd know that they have been working on it for a long time and are still working on it. Just recently they edited the killcount because of a glitch {SST}Whales found, beginning a new "Phase" as they call it. That is also why they reset the tremstats.
Yeah, dretching is hard. It requires skill. I've run around for a long time as the last alien as a dretch many times, and lived for up to 6 minutes on ATCS with 8 humans. It's not hard if you just randomly run around and evade lucis, shotties, flamers, and MDs. The part that takes skill is getting kills while doing that.
Yes, Z is great. I just dislike it because of the retarded newfags and other fucktards who have no clue what the point is or how to play.
That's my whole response to Link's post? Wow...I expected more...ANYWAYS...

The Hovel Humper wrote:Well I'm glad to see that my guess that 6-7/10 people out of the clan come from and love korx Smile
Very few of us "come from and love korx". I can guarantee that if Nuts came back online again and was active, I would never play KoRx OR 1.2...well, maybe 1.2...and the "not KoRx" isn't only because of my ban...
We should change this vote to be "Which server/mod would you most like to play on, KoRx, 1.2, Nuts, Z, or Other?"
My answer: I love playing on Nuts...wait...that sounded wrong...
You get my point(s) hopefully...

So, that's my huge gigantic rant post Razz NO NOT A TYRANT YOU DIPSHIT.
I'm outta here.
-Menace13

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pirate Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:11 pm

I prefer 1.2.
I saw this post, decided to get the GPP, joined the official server, played with Menace, haven't play KorX since. 1.2 is just so much better. No damn slow pulse or cloaks.
I'll still hop on to KorX on releases like 3.4, it's fun and all.
Mr. Pirate
Mr. Pirate
Dragoon
Dragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:39 pm

I've pretty much just stopped playing trem... O.o
KingNickolas
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelNeXt Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:53 pm

1.2? bullshit! NoRmAl Tremulous is for pros players! u watch hmm clan eVo? or polish lp'? u see Lejo? im play 4years in Tremulous and i never play 1.2 becouse its boring for me... too 1.1 and play korX
and i [love] [bgranger]! phi!
AngelNeXt
AngelNeXt
Basilisk
Basilisk

http://www.pf.npx.pl/

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:27 pm

AngelNeXt wrote:1.2? bullshit! NoRmAl Tremulous is for pros players! u watch hmm clan eVo? or polish lp'? u see Lejo? im play 4years in Tremulous and i never play 1.2 becouse its boring for me... too 1.1 and play korX
and i [love] [bgranger]! phi!

Angel, you wouldn't stand a chance against most of the best 1.2 players.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Menace, your just a noob. gtfo >=D

Besides, we already discussed this. The pros at 1.2 could never beat Angel if they came to korx. Razz
KingNickolas
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:18 pm

kingnickolas wrote:Menace, your just a noob. gtfo >=D

Besides, we already discussed this. The pros at 1.2 could never beat Angel if they came to korx. Razz

That's because KoRx is gimmicky and sucks. And anyways, the biggest problem would be unlagged --> lagged and the different building styles between the two.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 am

Menace you're the only one fighting for 1.2 at the moment, Doesn't that give you a hint that people may not like change.

Personally I love the new lisk, Spitfire, Bgranger, Adv. Rant, 2nd Fire pulse and shotty.

It gives the game more play for me. You never know what may be lurking around a corner?
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am

swamp-cecil wrote:im with 1.2
Mr. Pirate wrote:I prefer 1.2.
I'm the only one. Obv.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirby Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 am

dude Rezyn plays?? I haven't seen him in like forever :>
Kirby
Kirby
Basilisk
Basilisk

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Kirby wrote:dude Rezyn plays?? I haven't seen him in like forever :>

Yup, I see him every now and then.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-cecil Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Menace13 wrote:
Kirby wrote:dude Rezyn plays?? I haven't seen him in like forever :>

Yup, I see him every now and then.

But Rezyn is the 2nd top Feeder on tremstats xD.
im ranked 101 out of everyone Sad

Oh noes! i ran out of Olive ink!
swamp-cecil
swamp-cecil
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pirate Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Menace13 wrote:
kingnickolas wrote:Menace, your just a noob. gtfo >=D

That's because KoRx is gimmicky and sucks. And anyways, the biggest problem would be unlagged --> lagged and the different building styles between the two.

Unlagged. SO MUCH BETTER.
Dretches can finally be put in their place. Bwohoho.
Mr. Pirate
Mr. Pirate
Dragoon
Dragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3