12% 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Re: Tremulous KorX vs. Tremulous 1.2

Post  ILikeMilk on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:10 pm

KoRx isn't a clan it's a mod.
KoR is the clan.

just fyi.

and also, KoRx is way different from normal trem and 1.2, mainly because in KoRx things have been changed a lot, like aliens move speed, humans having health regen, like double stamina (srsly i can sprint for like 5s econds on normal trem, on KoRx i can sprint for 30 seconds and do about 5 jumps)

i think it's also safe to say 1.2 and KoRx are very different and 2 totally different mods.
if we had a team of coders working on KoRx it probably would be much better, but all we had was Aaron and Camper (i think, maybe it was just Aaron, and i guess you can count Wire)
i think that if trem was to gain a new version, KoRx should have been it.
spitfire, cloak, battle granger, HOVEL, who wouldn't want to play KoRx.
ILikeMilk
Basilisk
Basilisk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-cecil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:33 pm

@Menace13 wrote:
@kingnickolas wrote:I'm sure those great players would fail in korX

Give them a week and they would be some of the best players on KoRx.

this

wheres warlock?
swamp-cecil
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-cecil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Trollface

EDIT: OMFG PAIN!!!
swamp-cecil
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirby on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:43 pm

1.2 Sucks. KoRx wins.
Kirby
Basilisk
Basilisk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:49 pm

1.2 = g_unlagged "1"
KoRx = g_unlagged "0"
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-cecil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

@GLAMEOW wrote:1.2 = g_unlagged "1"
KoRx = g_unlagged "0"

aaron fails
swamp-cecil
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm

I just spent one hour playing the 1.2 gpp, and i have to say, it sucked.

For one thing, they fked up with the rants. They only have 350 health! It's easy as hell to kill them now, and it's easy to die as one too!

Plus you can't build anything in sd! D: Not even an om. In other words, they made grangers MORE USELESS!!! DDDD:
(Methinks this means war.)

Dretches are slower, and are easier to kill.

You can't share evos. (Or creds for that matter.)

The rets to much more damage then before, making it almost impossible to kill a human's base.

Now that being said, it does have some advantages, such as the thing where you can see all your teamates, and where they are. (Even though i had a bug that didn't let that work. >=/ ) Plus it has everything from korx that makes it easier to do things. (Like cades that go down.)

But the community is horrible. In fact, the noobs there are much more predominant then on korx, mostly because they have figured out how to do things, and they do it the wrong way on purpose.

Now maybe i was playing at a time when all the good players weren't present, but from what i saw, korx is much much better.

Also, i voted for "Other mod" because i like the GBA mod. Wink
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-cecil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 pm

everything has less health. Rants are actually more overpowered because lucy is 2x more difficult to charge.
rets are alot stronger, so then cannot be 'dretched'
Its SUDDEN DEATH; not buildable restriction.
Element of suprise is dretches pokemon type.
That time, nobody was on. I didnt see warlock or anyone.
maras are a LOT stronger than the ones in 1.2, without barbs. Barbs increase cowardise, and that isnt good. EVERY single alien/weapon requires practice.
If my compuer didnt freeze, i would destroy you with massdriver
Because 600hp spells overpowered
swamp-cecil
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 pm

Swamp: king was on at the same time as Iabz ;P

Iabz may be a good trem player, but he's also a jerkface :3

Yeah, I was on, and I didn't see warlock, seli (I'm assuming you all understand that seli = Meisseli.ddos), whales, dracone, lecavalier, ams (TBH I've never seen him on, but I hear he's really good, and he is great according to tremstats), anonymoose, etc. Well, maybe 1 or 2...

FYI king: rant is actually HARDER to kill: if you ever tried rant charge, it can own a bsuit that's trappe against a wall in a second or two. Also, it crushes humans (ANOTHER thing stolen by KoR).

Human base is EXTREMELY easy to kill unless it had teslas. I've seen 1 Adv. Mara take out an ENTIRE human base before...ON IT'S OWN! Zap RAPES turrets, and teslas are the only way to prevent that. Then again, all tesla bases suck as well, because they don't do enough damage. This and the fact that teslas don't require DC causes most human bases to use a mix of the two.

About your point on SD: the point of SD is that it's SUDDEN DEATH, as swamp nicely pointed out. And anyways, I often see ties despite the TL being 15 minutes after SD (SD at 30, TL at 45). Also, the bumped up health of almost all if not all human buildables provides a harder to kill base, making coordinated rushes absolutely necessary (except for Adv. Maras raping no-tesla bases).

About the community: I think you'll find the community is actually quite nice. In a few weeks, I have made a TON of friends, found some old friends, and had a TON of laughs. The KoRx community is a lot worse. While I admit that the best 1.2 players don't talk while playing, that is simply so they can concentrate. They all are human too and I know they have senses of humor. They all try to nade base when they win. I've seen them run around blastering the last alien. I've seen them help other people.

Slow dretch != easy to kill. BELIEVE me. I can't kill a good dretch for my life, which happens to be what is usually at stake. Try killing Meisseli and you'll see what I mean.

I'm surprised you didn't complain about the OP Maras, or the extra highly protected bsuits. I'm also surprises you didn't compliment the score system they use instead of the old kills system. It is so much better, as you can show your worth by killing the enemy base as well as by killing the enemy themselves.

Also, the admins on 1.2 are MUCH better.

My main point is, an hour isn't long enough to make a decision. Play 24 hours, then come back and complain, and maybe I'll listen to you.

As I said earlier, KoRx is gimmicky. 1.2 is for pros.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Location : http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat-longcat-very-long-demotivational-poster-1216686741.jpg

View user profile http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:28 am

@Menace13 wrote:I'll have to bring in {SST}doomagent13, the most superior {SST} member remaining

You mean the one whos on the feeder list as 22nd

22 {SST}doomagent13^ 4.3578 10.8349

The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bor. on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 am

I played 1.2 today and to be honest, I'm shocked what I've heard there!!

THOSE 1.2 PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE GRANGERS!! WHAT THE FUCK!?! Screw all people who are playing there. Oh btw, Metro told me it's very easy to get kills on 1.2. He was right. I guess that's why menace thinks all those players are "awesome". In fact, they just suck but it's so easy to get kills on 1.2. The score system is also screwed. You get "scores" for having a ckit and doing nothing... fail? I bet if one of those guys would play on KoRx he'll become the top feeder in less than a few days. All in all, I gotta say KoRx is soooo much better than 1.2.
Bor.
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

View user profile http://grangersba.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:39 am

@Bor. wrote:I played 1.2 today and to be honest, I'm shocked what I've heard there!!

THOSE 1.2 PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE GRANGERS!! WHAT THE FUCK!?! Screw all people who are playing there. Oh btw, Metro told me it's very easy to get kills on 1.2. He was right. I guess that's why menace thinks all those players are "awesome". In fact, they just suck but it's so easy to get kills on 1.2. The score system is also screwed. You get "scores" for having a ckit and doing nothing... fail? I bet if one of those guys would play on KoRx he'll become the top feeder in less than a few days. All in all, I gotta say KoRx is soooo much better than 1.2.

this pretty much sums 1.2 up perfectly.
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swamp-cecil on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:13 pm

menace, killing dretches is easy for me. My aim is way to godly, remember that time in sirius where i sniped every dretch comming out of the alien base?
We all say we like grangers....i say bs. Ive seen over 9000 times where Bor or any other GBA person goes bravado on a granger. Its the same at 1.2.
You get higher potential at 1.2, like that time i ran in alien base, and killed 2 adv maras, one normal mara and a goon with my lucy.

ignore that fact that one of my aliases is the granger eater; that was a game i played with some guys on the {MAD} server
swamp-cecil
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirby on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:16 pm

@swamp-cecil wrote:menace, killing dretches is easy for me. My aim is way to campy, remember that time in sirius where i Was camping and sniped/fucked every person in the server
Kirby
Basilisk
Basilisk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DucTape on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 pm

@swamp-cecil wrote:
rets are alot stronger, so then cannot be 'dretched'
This alone would keep me off 1.2, dretching is an art, and punishes poor turret placement.

Also the fact a S2 alien (Adv. Mara) can apparently easily take out any non-S3 (non-tesla) base is awful.
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Axis on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 pm

I was going to vote other and say 'X', but I remembered how EFFING GHEY IT IS!! xD

KoRx obviously.
Axis
Basilisk
Basilisk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:40 pm

@Axis wrote:I was going to vote other and say 'X', but I remembered how EFFING GHEY IT IS!! xD

KoRx obviously.

F1
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Unforgiven7120 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 pm

I think that N is better than all your silly servers. Throwing my two pieces out there.

And, here's some statements I need to get out, yes, it's that time again where I rant relentlessly and someone gets offended.

1.2 still isn't even out. You are not playing Tremulous 1.2. You are playing the beta (which has been released for about a year now... so I dunno what the hell they're doing now.). Also, a sequel doesn't exactly need new weapons. Think about the Call of Duty games (Not Modern Warfare, but feel free to compare MW1 to MW2). You had the M1 Garand, then you had the M1 Garand, then you had the M1 Garand. Hm... yep, no new weapons there. And, woah, let's not get carried away with calling 1.2 a sequel. If it really was a sequel, don't you think it'd be called "Tremulous 2"?

Swamp, you're in my crossfires right now. Dretching is really an art. Ductape nailed it on the head. Dretching is a very godly art especially on LAGGED servers. A good dretch can run around without dying, kill a few unarmored foes, and evade a 20+ pinger like they weren't even there. I should know, I've had Khayman AND Overdose chase me down with massdrivers, lasguns, anything that was an instant hit, and still live for 5 more minutes. That's lagged. On unlagged, I can still evade most people no matter the cost. When you were camping, you were dealing with unprofessional dretches (I would assume). Though Kirby hit the nail on the head with his statement.

My vote: Z server. Though inhabited by non-english speaking fuckjobs, it's still a nice community of cooperation and teamwork (when available. Teamwork is just as abundant on that as it is on RE5).
Unforgiven7120
Dragoon
Dragoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 pm

On Z, i like to stand at the top of the humans's mission 2 in the map mission_one, and just laugh at all the noobs down below. Then i'll wait for them to decon the rc (They keep on doing it for some reason) and build it up there, and the people down there are like "WTF?!". Then some non-noobs catch up, and ruin my fun. Other than that, Z is fine. (My point was, that the people there usually suck at mission_one.)

Back to 1.2. The game play is fine when on humans, but it sucks unbelievably when on aliens. There are all sorts of cheap shots those humans can take. >_> (I fucking hate md whores.)
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QweefZilLa on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

@Axis wrote:I was going to vote other and say 'X', but I remembered how EFFING GHEY IT IS!! xD

KoRx obviously.
+1
menace you must suck if you cant kill a dretch on 1.2 no matter who it is !!!!! and swamp anyone can have "godly aim" when its unlagged ... 1.2 is so easy !!! I bet dr.pain does good on 1.2 Razz
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirby on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 pm

@Unforgiven7120 wrote:My vote: Z server. Though inhabited by non-english speaking fuckjobs, it's still a nice community of cooperation and teamwork (when available. Teamwork is just as abundant on that as it is on RE5).

Z server hasen't shown up on my server list for a few months, do you know why? :s
Kirby
Basilisk
Basilisk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QweefZilLa on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm

All the people that wear the [Z] next to there names are noobs. Maybe the Z sever senses its to noobie for you kirb xD.
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:10 am

Well I'm glad to see that my guess that 6-7/10 people out of the clan come from and love korx Smile

The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirby on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:41 am

@QweefZilLa wrote:All the people that wear the [Z] next to there names are noobs. Maybe the Z sever senses its to noobie for you kirb xD.

Hurrrr.

No I suck ^^
Kirby
Basilisk
Basilisk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Pain on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:50 pm

@swamp-cecil wrote:Trollface

EDIT: OMFG PAIN!!!
Eat it. Cool

Anyways my favorite is obvoiusly Funsever with its STACKABLE BUILDINGS!
Dr.Pain
Dragoon
Dragoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: