Grangers Bouncing Around - Clanforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help: How to /Bind

+2
GLAMEOW
Mr.Sproodles
6 posters

Go down

Need Help: How to /Bind Empty Need Help: How to /Bind

Post  Mr.Sproodles Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:26 pm

I dont know but i think that maybe you know it... but i posted this because if someone know perfectly about it, The "/bind" help you out for decide faster which weapons you will have when you play, Menace told me:

- Do /bind (w/e Key u want) buy (weapon) "ENTER" "(IN CONSOLE)"

when i tried first time to do that it work with shotgun, rifle, helmet and jetpack, other things like lasgun, battlesuit, battery pack it wont work...

I posted this because Ill wait for you help... and this is not just for me... all the people who want to know how to do that... you and me will help the other people with this... maybe will be like a Tutorial...
-Please write some, if you are out there and you know the how...

I know that my english isnt very good... but i try to do some progress you know...
Mr.Sproodles
Mr.Sproodles
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

Need Help: How to /Bind Empty Re: Need Help: How to /Bind

Post  GLAMEOW Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:27 pm

to buy a rifle with the number 1 do:

/bind 1 buy rifle

works with letters too:

/bind r buy rifle

you can also sell your weapons and anything else you have:

/bind 2 sell weapons

/bind 3 sell upgrades

you can do multiple commands at once by using " and :

I will sell everything and buy a lucifer cannon:

/bind k "sell weapons:sell upgrades:buy lcannon"

you can also use items with the command "itemact"

throwing a nade:

/bind n itemact gren

you can make commands execute one after the other (instead of at the same time) with "wait"

NOTE: using "wait" will keep you from moving and doing anything for the amount of time you specify the wait to happen.

so lets create a spammy message!

/bind s "say 3:wait 10:say 2:wait 10:say 1:wait 10:say BLASTOFF!!!"

this bind will say the following (words between ** don't show up):

*10 msec pause*
*10 msec pause*
*10 msec pause*
BLASTOFF!!!

when playing on KoRx, use this bind for buying ammo/medkit so you never have to use the medi

/bind space "buy ammo:buy medkit:wait 1:itemact medkit:wait 1:buy medkit"

this buys ammo and a medkit, then uses the medkit, and finally buys another medkit to replace the used one.

NOTE: don't forget to set trem up so it prints error messages to console instead of a popup message when using this bind.
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Need Help: How to /Bind Empty Good Idea!!

Post  Mr.Sproodles Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Its all right what you have posted here, it will help and it will help alot...
But i think that we need a list of all weapons and upgrades too...
When you put the example of the luciffer cannon to sell everithing and buy it... you said it like:
---->lcannon<----
if we need to write some weapons and upgrades like this, well please do the list...
Its in my concept, is my opinion...

Please Help me out with this... and we will finish this fast...
Mr.Sproodles
Mr.Sproodles
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm

LOL you all suck at binds. You want me to show you a GOOD bindlist that makes use of cvar insertion and echoes? I can also show you how to use aliases and an autoexec.cfg and delay (much better than wait, you can't move or anything at all while wait is active, whereas delay is effectively wait just for that one command) and even vstrs for you pros.

Here's my ENTIRE autoexec.cfg (every time you open Tremulous, this will automatically be added into your autogen.cfg; useful to lower clutter and so you can't change your binds permanently from in-game):

Code:
// THIS IS MY BINDLIST
unbindall
bind TAB "+scores"
bind ENTER "+button2"
bind SPACE "+moveup"
bind ' "say_team ^5Build/Heal base!"
bind , "sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy jetpack; echo ^4Light Armor, Helmet, and Jetpack"
bind - "class level0; class rifle; sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy rifle; echo ^4Rifle^7/^1Dretch"
bind . "sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; echo ^4Light Armor and Helmet"
bind / "sell upgrades; buy bsuit; echo ^4Battlesuit"
bind 0 "class builder"
bind 1 "say_team ^1HELP! ^5I am a(n) ^3\$$p_classname\ \$$p_weaponname\ ^5with ^3\$$p_ammo\ ^5ammo and ^3\$$p_hp\ ^5health!"
bind 2 "say_team ^2Yes"
bind 3 "say_team ^1No"
bind 4 "name ^0Sir^1|^0Menace^1{^0SST^1}"
bind 5 "toggle cg_drawteamoverlay"
bind 6 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy psaw; buy jetpack; echo ^4Jetsaw"
bind 7 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy shotgun; echo ^4Shotgun"
bind 8 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy chaingun; buy bsuit; buy larmour; buy helmet; echo ^4Chaingun"
bind 9 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy flamer; echo ^4Flamer"
bind SEMICOLON "say_team ^5The enemy is weak! ^1ATTACK!!!"
bind = "class ckit; class builderupg; class builder; sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy ackit; buy ckit; echo ^4Ckit^7/^1Granger"
bind [ "itemact jetpack"
bind \ "toggle r_lightmap"
bind ] "+voiprecord"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind a "+moveleft"
bind b "buy ammo"
bind c "cg_wwToggle 0; cg_wwToggle 1; +movedown"
bind d "+moveright"
bind e "deconstruct"
bind f "+button3"
bind g "sell gren; itemact gren; buy gren"
bind i "say_team ^1FLANK!!!"
bind j "say_team ^1CANCEL ^5that/Wrong button"
bind k "builder"
bind l "say_team ^1Grenade!"
bind m "itemact medkit"
bind n "itemact medkit"
bind o "say_team ^1ENEMY OVERMIND/REACTOR DOWN! ATTACK!"
bind p "say_team ^5Base is under ^1ATTACK!"
bind q "+button7"
bind r "reload"
bind s "+back"
bind t "messagemode"
bind u "warntime"
bind v "itemtoggle jetpack"
bind w "+forward"
bind x "+button8; +button6"
bind y "messagemode2"
bind z "itemact medkit"
bind ~ "toggleconsole"
bind UPARROW "say ^4I thought you needed ^1FOOD ^4to feed that much!"
bind DOWNARROW "say ^4I thought you needed a ^1CAN ^4to spam that much!"
bind LEFTARROW "say ^4I thought you needed a ^1TENT ^4to camp that much!"
bind RIGHTARROW "say ^1h^3h^2h^5h^4h^6h"
bind ALT "+button5"
bind CTRL "+attack"
bind SHIFT "+speed"
bind PGUP "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy mdriver; buy battpack; class level2upg; class level2; echo ^4MD^7/^1Mara"
bind PGDN "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy lgun; buy battpack; class level1upg; class level1; echo ^4Lasgun^7/^1Basi"
bind HOME "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy prifle; buy battpack; class level3upg; class level3; echo ^4Prifle^7/^1Goon"
bind END "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy lcannon; buy battpack; class level4; echo ^4Luci^7/^1Tyrant"
bind F1 "vote yes; teamvote yes; echo ^7You voted ^2YES^7!"
bind F2 "vote no; teamvote no; echo You voted ^1NO^7!"
bind F3 "noclip"
bind F4 "sreenshotJPEG"
bind F5 "disconnect"
bind F6 "reconnect"
bind F7 "quit"
bind F8 "give all; buy gren; itemact gren"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack"
bind MOUSE2 "+button5"
bind MOUSE3 "+button2"
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext"
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"

*Note: /screenshotJPEG does not work ;_; If you need me to explain any of my binds just tell me. \$$[cvar]\ (In /bind 1) will input that cvar or variable in the bind (ONLY works as a bind if in the autoexec.cfg). The /p_ variables show things such as your health, ammo, class, team, weapon,

/echo sends a message to you that only you can see.

/vstrs are complex. Look them up if you need to. I won't bother explaining them. Too much trouble.

/alias lets you make your own / commands that do what you want. For example:
Code:
/alias leave "say ^5Time to go! ^1Bye!; delay 1000 disconnect"
Then, using /leave will do:
Code:
/leave
[A] Sir|Menace{SST}: Time to Go! Bye!
//One second later:
Sir|Menace{SST} disconnected

Yeah...that's all for now. Your weapon binds are lame. Mine are pro.

My keys for weapon/class binds from my autoexec.cfg so you don't have to search (first two are spawn binds, too. The NORMAL granger spawn bind [third one there] is for lavagrangering at s2. Oh, also, my nade bind is the classic safe-nade bind. It sells the nade, throws it, then buys it. Therefore I can't nade base easily):

Code:
bind - "class level0; class rifle; sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy rifle; echo ^4Rifle^7/^1Dretch"
bind = "class ckit; class builderupg; class builder; sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy ackit; buy ckit; echo ^4Ckit^7/^1Granger"
bind 0 "class builder"
bind , "sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy jetpack; echo ^4Light Armor, Helmet, and Jetpack"
bind PGUP "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy mdriver; buy battpack; class level2upg; class level2; echo ^4MD^7/^1Mara"
bind PGDN "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy lgun; buy battpack; class level1upg; class level1; echo ^4Lasgun^7/^1Basi"
bind HOME "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy prifle; buy battpack; class level3upg; class level3; echo ^4Prifle^7/^1Goon"
bind END "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy lcannon; buy battpack; class level4; echo ^4Luci^7/^1Tyrant"

For me, PGUP, PGDN, HOME, and END are UPARROW, DOWNARROW, LEFTARROW, and RIGHTARROW, respectively, as long as I am holding down Function. Just look at a MacBook Pro keyboard and you'll know what I mean.

Yeah.
My binds are pretty chill.
Bye.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Unforgiven7120 Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:32 pm

huh, they do really suck at binding huh? My P button is something like:

Code:
/bind p "class builder ; class builderupg ; class ckit ; class ackit ; sell weapons ; buy ckit ; buy ackit ; echo ^2Purchased Construction Kit^7 / ^1 Spawned as Granger"
Unforgiven7120
Unforgiven7120
Dragoon
Dragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Unforgiven7120 wrote:huh, they do really suck at binding huh? My P button is something like:

Code:
/bind p "class builder ; class builderupg ; class ckit ; class ackit ; sell weapons ; buy ckit ; buy ackit ; echo ^2Purchased Construction Kit^7 / ^1 Spawned as Granger"

You were definitely smart enough to have builderupg and ackit before builder and ckit, respectively.

But yeah, that's basically mine, but mine uses different colors for the echo (blue and red instead of green and red) and also sells my upgrades (in case I needed to quickly sell stuff before I died so I wouldn't lose creds, etc.)...Oh, and it is bound to =

Razz

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  DucTape Mon May 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Menace13 wrote:LOL you all suck at binds. You want me to show you a GOOD bindlist that makes use of cvar insertion and echoes? I can also show you how to use aliases and an autoexec.cfg and delay (much better than wait, you can't move or anything at all while wait is active, whereas delay is effectively wait just for that one command) and even vstrs for you pros.

Here's my ENTIRE autoexec.cfg (every time you open Tremulous, this will automatically be added into your autogen.cfg; useful to lower clutter and so you can't change your binds permanently from in-game):

Code:
// THIS IS MY BINDLIST
unbindall
bind TAB "+scores"
bind ENTER "+button2"
bind SPACE "+moveup"
bind 0 "class builder"
bind 1 "say_team ^1HELP! ^5I am a(n) ^3\$$p_classname\ \$$p_weaponname\ ^5with ^3\$$p_ammo\ ^5ammo and ^3\$$p_hp\ ^5health!"
bind 2 "say_team ^2Yes"
bind 3 "say_team ^1No"
bind 6 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy psaw; buy jetpack; echo ^4Jetsaw"
bind 7 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy shotgun; echo ^4Shotgun"
bind 8 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy chaingun; buy bsuit; buy larmour; buy helmet; echo ^4Chaingun"
bind 9 "sell weapons; sell upgrades; buy larmour; buy helmet; buy flamer; echo ^4Flamer"
bind [ "itemact jetpack"
bind ] "+voiprecord"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind a "+moveleft"
bind b "buy ammo"
bind d "+moveright"
bind e "deconstruct"
bind f "+button3"
bind k "builder"
bind m "itemact medkit"
bind n "itemact medkit"
bind q "+button7"
bind r "reload"
bind s "+back"
bind t "messagemode"
bind u "warntime"
bind w "+forward"
bind y "messagemode2"
bind z "itemact medkit"
bind ~ "toggleconsole"
bind ALT "+button5"
bind CTRL "+attack"
bind SHIFT "+speed"
bind F3 "noclip"
bind F4 "sreenshotJPEG"
bind F5 "disconnect"
bind F6 "reconnect"
bind F7 "quit"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack"
bind MOUSE2 "+button5"
bind MOUSE3 "+button2"
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"

*Note: /screenshotJPEG does not work ;_; If you need me to explain any of my binds just tell me. \$$[cvar]\ (In /bind 1) will input that cvar or variable in the bind (ONLY works as a bind if in the autoexec.cfg). The /p_ variables show things such as your health, ammo, class, team, weapon,

/vstrs are complex. Look them up if you need to. I won't bother explaining them. Too much trouble.

Code:
Code:
/leave
//One second later:

My keys for weapon/class binds from my autoexec.cfg so you don't have to search (first two are spawn binds, too. The NORMAL granger spawn bind [third one there] is for lavagrangering at s2. Oh, also, my nade bind is the classic safe-nade bind. It sells the nade, throws it, then buys it. Therefore I can't nade base easily):

Code:
bind 0 "class builder"

For me, PGUP, PGDN, HOME, and END are UPARROW, DOWNARROW, LEFTARROW, and RIGHTARROW, respectively, as long as I am holding down Function. Just look at a MacBook Pro keyboard and you'll know what I mean.

Yeah.
Bye.
I'm actually stealing this, but changing it a lot.
DucTape
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm

DucTape wrote:
Menace13 wrote:LOL you all suck at binds. You want me to show you a GOOD bindlist that makes use of cvar insertion and echoes? I can also show you how to use aliases and an autoexec.cfg and delay (much better than wait, you can't move or anything at all while wait is active, whereas delay is effectively wait just for that one command) and even vstrs for you pros.

Code:
// THIS IS MY BINDLIST
unbindall
bind TAB "+scores"
bind ENTER "+button2"
bind SPACE "+moveup"
bind 0 "class builder"
bind 2 "say_team ^2Yes"
bind 3 "say_team ^1No"
bind [ "itemact jetpack"
bind ] "+voiprecord"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind a "+moveleft"
bind b "buy ammo"
bind d "+moveright"
bind e "deconstruct"
bind f "+button3"
bind k "builder"
bind m "itemact medkit"
bind n "itemact medkit"
bind q "+button7"
bind r "reload"
bind s "+back"
bind t "messagemode"
bind u "warntime"
bind w "+forward"
bind y "messagemode2"
bind z "itemact medkit"
bind ~ "toggleconsole"
bind ALT "+button5"
bind CTRL "+attack"
bind SHIFT "+speed"
bind F3 "noclip"
bind F4 "sreenshotJPEG"
bind F5 "disconnect"
bind F6 "reconnect"
bind F7 "quit"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack"
bind MOUSE2 "+button5"
bind MOUSE3 "+button2"
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"

Code:
Code:
/leave
//One second later:

Code:
bind 0 "class builder"

Yeah.
Bye.
I'm actually stealing this, but changing it a lot.

For KoRx you'll want to add "buy medkit" to the end of EVERY BIND for buying/selling stuff. Also, add "buy boost" to most if not all of the buy binds (but not the spawn binds obv). Also, the energy weapon binds should have the watchamacallit that boosts them. Also, dodge and sprint are slightly different in KoRx. Also, you can take out the "cg_wwtoggle 0; cg_wwtoggle 1;" from the C bind. Also, you can unbind 5. Also, the RIGHTARROW bind is a 1.2 joke, so you should unbind that. Also, the bind for 1 shouldn't work in Tremfusion. Only in FSM-GPP Smile

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  DucTape Wed May 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Menace13 wrote:

For KoRx you'll want to add "buy medkit" to the end of EVERY BIND for buying/selling stuff. Also, add "buy boost" to most if not all of the buy binds (but not the spawn binds obv). Also, the energy weapon binds should have the watchamacallit that boosts them. Also, dodge and sprint are slightly different in KoRx. Also, you can take out the "cg_wwtoggle 0; cg_wwtoggle 1;" from the C bind. Also, you can unbind 5. Also, the RIGHTARROW bind is a 1.2 joke, so you should unbind that. Also, the bind for 1 shouldn't work in Tremfusion. Only in FSM-GPP Smile
Thanks man. Already removed the ones I didn't use, and set up sprint to work right. Gonna have to add the buy medkit thing.
DucTape
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 pm

hhhhhhhhhh...
KingNickolas
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!