Grangers Bouncing Around - Clanforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making push pads in Gtk radient

2 posters

Go down

Making push pads in Gtk radient Empty Making push pads in Gtk radient

Post  QweefZilLa Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:31 am

I need help !!
QweefZilLa
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Making push pads in Gtk radient Empty Re: Making push pads in Gtk radient

Post  Menace13 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  QweefZilLa Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for a link that brings me to a bunch of links Rolling Eyes If I wanted an answer like this I would have went on the tremulous.net forums ....
QweefZilLa
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 am

http://www.leveldk.co.uk/tut4.htm near fig.7, before fig.8 wrote:Firstly Jump Pads. In order to move from a lower level to a higher level quickly in Q3A jump pads are often used instead of stairs. To make a jump pad a trigger is needed to push the player into the air and a target is needed to indicate the direction of the push. Fig.7 shows the trigger. Select the common texture folder, then click on the yellow and white trigger texture. Draw out a brush from the trigger texture that sits on and above the floor, then with the brush still selected drop the entity menu (right click in the 2d window). Scroll down to trigger, then select trigger_push. Deselect. Your brush is now a trigger_push entity. The jump pad now requires a target. Some where in the 2d window, with nothing selected right click above the trigger brush. Scroll down to target and select target_position. Oddly enough, don't use target_push. This entity will still work, but will cause the game to look for a missing sound file. The green cube shown selected in fig.8 should now appear.

Finally we have to link the 2 entities. Select the trigger first then select the target without deselecting the trigger. Press Ctrl and K, or drop the selection menu and select 'connect entities'. A line should now be joining the trigger brush to the target entity. Deselect. That was the easy part. The hardest part of making a jump pad is moving the target so that the player lands neatly in the correct place and adjusting the trigger so that the push begins at the right moment. Having got a jump pad that works well for the human players it then needs to be tweaked for bot (computer controlled players) play, but thats a whole new topic. For the sake of realism make sure you place a jump pad texture or model underneath the trigger brush.

A link from my link had that. Thanks for making me do the work for you when I gave you all you needed to be able to do it.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down