Grangers Bouncing Around - Clanforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Downtime

+2
Pkmmte
GLAMEOW
6 posters

Go down

Server Downtime Empty Server Downtime

Post  GLAMEOW Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks to our lovely member shadow, everyone can now see anyone's guid via admin.dat shared on skype fileshare.

what a great guy huh?

well, no need to fear as I will be rebuilding the admin.dat and anyone who doesn't change their guid will not get admin.

that is all, I will get working on it ASAP

sorry for the inconvenience.

carry on.

NOTE: admin.dat will NOT be given out to anyone unless your name is bor.
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Server Downtime Empty Re: Server Downtime

Post  Pkmmte Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Yay I get to use the GUID I had when I first started playing trem! I'm so glad I saved it.
Pkmmte
Pkmmte
Dragoon
Dragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 am

GLAMEOW wrote:
NOTE: admin.dat will NOT be given out to anyone unless your name is bor.

I've had it before? Wink

P.s. I have all your GUID's from that test server.
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 am

actually...I never sent it to just anyone, I sent it to menace with the guids deleted, because I needed him to send it to you, as I had fixed it, and it was the first time you had been on in a while. I sent the part with the commands to beans for him to check to make sure I got it right. Glame, only you, me, bor, and beans have seen the admin.dat with peoples guids...
Shadow
Shadow
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 pm

|Acid| iShadow wrote:actually...I never sent it to just anyone, I sent it to menace with the guids deleted, because I needed him to send it to you, as I had fixed it, and it was the first time you had been on in a while. I sent the part with the commands to beans for him to check to make sure I got it right. Glame, only you, me, bor, and beans have seen the admin.dat with peoples guids...

then how did menace send me an admin.dat complete with guids?

-.-
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:17 pm

GLAMEOW wrote:
|Acid| iShadow wrote:actually...I never sent it to just anyone, I sent it to menace with the guids deleted, because I needed him to send it to you, as I had fixed it, and it was the first time you had been on in a while. I sent the part with the commands to beans for him to check to make sure I got it right. Glame, only you, me, bor, and beans have seen the admin.dat with peoples guids...

then how did menace send me an admin.dat complete with guids?

-.-

Hmm, sorry shadow but I went over that one you sent me. Its has them >.<

Just a mistake?
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Ah, damn...i found the problem....i have two...in two different folders, so...being distracted by my gf I accidentally sent menace the one with the guids, well...menace if you do anything with them....!banhammer

Beans, I sent you the raw admin.dat because I knew I could trust you, and because you already had all of our guids
Shadow
Shadow
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:25 pm

|Acid| iShadow wrote:Ah, damn...i found the problem....i have two...in two different folders, so...being distracted by my gf I accidentally sent menace the one with the guids, well...menace if you do anything with them....!banhammer

Beans, I sent you the raw admin.dat because I knew I could trust you, and because you already had all of our guids

Gah, you kinda have to trust me XD

Erm anyway, Isn't there an admin log with all the commands from certain ip's if so, problem fixed!

Got to go football for two hours, CIAO!
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:27 pm

|Acid| iShadow wrote:Ah, damn...i found the problem....i have two...in two different folders, so...being distracted by my gf I accidentally sent menace the one with the guids, well...menace if you do anything with them....!banhammer

no need for the banhammer as everyone is gonna have to change their guid to get admin.
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:16 pm

GLAMEOW wrote:

no need for the banhammer as everyone is gonna have to change their guid to get admin.

...You do realise you will have non of your names on any of the other severs. I'de prefer to go without admin >_>
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Ok, so everyone has to change their guids because ONE person has peoples guids?
Shadow
Shadow
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  DucTape Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:25 pm

The Hovel Humper wrote:...You do realise you will have non of your names on any of the other severs. I'de prefer to go without admin >_>

I'll just get them to setlevel 0 before I change it.
DucTape
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 pm

DucTape wrote:
The Hovel Humper wrote:...You do realise you will have non of your names on any of the other severs. I'de prefer to go without admin >_>

I'll just get them to setlevel 0 before I change it.

Thats Effort, especially if you need to wait on kor where the only admins on there are like level 6 and cant setlevel
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  DucTape Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:33 pm

The Hovel Humper wrote:Thats Effort, especially if you need to wait on kor where the only admins on there are like level 6 and cant setlevel
kor forums?

p.s. like my location?
DucTape
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Menace13 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:54 pm

GLAMEOW wrote:Thanks to our lovely member shadow, everyone can now see anyone's guid via admin.dat shared on skype fileshare.

what a great guy huh?

Firstly, that is just rude, to Shadow AND me. You act as if I am untrustworthy. I am untrustworthy. But I won't do shit with the GUIDs. Also, you posted two GUIDs on the forums once. Everybody seeing two is WAY worse than me seeing all of them. >.< And yet nothing happened when I saw two then! ^^ I even edited the GUIDs out of the post, for their sakes! Why should something happen now?

Also, it's not Shad's fault. I'm sure he was very distracted by his GF. He even told me and Kayla that he was with his gf.

GLAMEOW wrote:well, no need to fear as I will be rebuilding the admin.dat and anyone who doesn't change their guid will not get admin.

that is all, I will get working on it ASAP

Have fun doing unnecessary work. I'm not planning on stealing anyone's GUID...even if I knew how. I prefer mah own GUID. It was made specially for me...at random...by Tremulous...

Also, taking away admin from people who don't change their GUID is stupid and pointless. This means you are forcing people to change their GUID from ALL servers just because I saw the admin.dat. Why would I use it anyways? >.< I'm not gonna betray my clan like that. If anything I'd do it by selling you guys out to bounty hunters or something, maybe get everybody to leave GBA to join SST (not that that would be a bad thing), who knows. But I wouldn't steal GUIDs.

GLAMEOW wrote:NOTE: admin.dat will NOT be given out to anyone unless your name is bor.

And Shadow, apparently. And Beansie, apparently. ^^ If you really trust them, wouldn't you trust Shadow's decision to let me and/or Kayla send it to you?

GLAMEOW wrote:

You're making this a much bigger deal than necessary GLAMEOW. Seriously. And anyways, I perfectly and absolutely accept the fact that the banhammah is locked and loaded, aiming at my current position. What's the worst I could do, anyways, with peoples' GUIDs? Steal the server for under 24 hours? You'd just reset the admin.dat, permaban me, kick me from the clan, etc. But I'm not going to so YOU DON'T NEED TO!!! I mean seriously. This thread and this decision together prove that you don't trust me, Shadow, or Kayla. End of story.

Oh, and I don't care if you think this is flamebait and ban me from the forums like you warned. A clan without trust is no family at all...wait whut? o0

But anyways, you (hopefully) get my point. And hopefully you actually read through this whole thing and didn't just skip through it or to the bottom. If you skipped through, it also proves you won't listen to an argument. So...yeah...

Oh, and...

|Acid| iShadow wrote:Ok, so everyone has to change their guids because ONE person has peoples guids?

Apparently so.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:49 pm

I didn't even read your rant menace... after talking with bor we decided to let people use their old guids.
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down