Grangers Bouncing Around - Clanforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoRx? Mod

+2
The Hovel Humper
TheCamper
6 posters

Go down

CoRx? Mod Empty CoRx? Mod

Post  TheCamper Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Okay. First we need to communicate in real time.

I suggest to use IRC. Server: irc.unvanquished.net, channel #corx
If you don't want to go there use Jabber to contact me (ignore the black letters):
sue5bg_?kr@jabber.ccc.de

====================================
The we need a name for the mod.

My/Sam's suggestion: Camper(s) of Reason

I will set up the subversion repository on googlecode as soon as the name is fixed.
====================================
For developing you need subversion for Linux and http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ for Windows.

TheCamper
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

CoRx? Mod Empty Re: CoRx? Mod

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:15 pm

As far as I know, I'm the only one who Agreed to help, although if anyone else wants to join in I don't see why not - Here's the basic outline

Camper is making his own server with an adaptation of the korx mod and I said I'd help him with it. Simplez
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 pm

oh cool, and I love the name Wink
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCamper Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:01 pm

The mod is hosted here: http://code.google.com/p/corx/source/checkout

If you want to change things, send me a message with jabber, on irc, a pm in this forum or in the KoR forum.

TheCamper
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCamper Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Also.. what do you think about using one mod for GBA and CoRx and not using and text like GBA or CoRx on the textures ?

EDIT:
It would help you, by getting a stable mod with recent bug fixes and me with ideas, testing and textures.

TheCamper
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Right now the only thing me and beansie were able to come out with was Gabex. (Grangers adapting baffling extras X)
Nobody else has yet offered an idea, so I'll just keep on playing around with it until we agree on something good...

Also, i can't wait for CorX. It sounds quite a bit like Korx already. xD
Good luck camper, I'll offer any help if it's needed.
KingNickolas
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pirate Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:39 pm

GabeX?
Gabe Newell is a dev nao?
>:O! YESH.
Mr. Pirate
Mr. Pirate
Dragoon
Dragoon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:44 pm

TheCamper wrote:Also.. what do you think about using one mod for GBA and CoRx and not using and text like GBA or CoRx on the textures ?

EDIT:
It would help you, by getting a stable mod with recent bug fixes and me with ideas, testing and textures.

I've already made my decision clear that i want two separate mods, Pk suggested we host two servers, one with each mod (Which i wouldn't mind but there may be problems)

So here's your choices.

Our server - GBA mod
Campers - His mod

Our server - Campers mod
Campers - His mod

Our server - GBA Mod
Our second server - Campers (How are we going to host it)
Campers - His mod

To be honest I don't see the point on working on this mod for a long time just to get it thrown away and replaced by another mod. I really don't like that idea...

And Pirate got any good names?

All i've got is

Aminag
Adapted Mod In Notepad And Gimp
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  DucTape Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Here's what I don't get, why fork KoRx? Most forks are done for one reason or another, one is reviving a dead project when you can't contact the author, another is ethical issues, usually becoming closed source. (e.g. Darkplaces vs Nexuiz) As far as I know neither of these apply to KoRx. Now I'm sure CoRx has some great stuff, and I do look forward to it, but why not just contribute to KoRx? We can have all our after-market skins and such, but real changes can be submitted to Aaron, or other KoRx devs. I'm sure our clan would earn some respect if we started contributing to the upstream.
DucTape
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 pm

DucTape wrote:Here's what I don't get, why fork KoRx? Most forks are done for one reason or another, one is reviving a dead project when you can't contact the author, another is ethical issues, usually becoming closed source. (e.g. Darkplaces vs Nexuiz) As far as I know neither of these apply to KoRx. Now I'm sure CoRx has some great stuff, and I do look forward to it, but why not just contribute to KoRx? We can have all our after-market skins and such, but real changes can be submitted to Aaron, or other KoRx devs. I'm sure our clan would earn some respect if we started contributing to the upstream.

Kor and KorX team has made it clear that we are two separate mods, if people want to make a fork, why not let them?

Erm... Aaron likes to keep the clans separate and the mods too, he like KorX that way and so do other people. We are a different group - with a soon to be different mod? The mod shows that we are individuals

Camper wants to start his own server with his own mod... Whats wrong with that if it won't make any affect to you at all

(Sorry if im chatting shit it 3:17am here)
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  KingNickolas Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Yes i agree. We are our own mod. I would not like the idea of the things we did, some being rejected, and some being added to a mod that's already in use.

Anyways...
Gabex isn't Gabe-x its supposed to be pronounced Gab-X. The e there is just for pleasure. Surprised

How about GTT? It sounds kinda catchy to me... Granger Themed Tremulous.

If we do this then perhaps we can add a few other grangers. That is once beansie finds the file he needs. (Have you yet? I haven't heard anything...) Like grangers with different powers. But still week. Like a yellow granger can shock instead of spit. But the shock is that of a spitt fire, or weaker. A blue granger can throw water, that pretty much is just a knock back, but knocks back quite a bit. Maybe a purple granger that has telekinetic powers, and can build structures from far away by using the scroller on the mouse to make the structure go forward or backward, but cannot attack with spit. Then of course the angel and devil grangers.
This is all just ideas. I think i actually went a little overboard. But if you like i can model them all, and maybe even code them if i can figure it out.

Oh wait. This was a discussion about names... Shocked Not details...
KingNickolas
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCamper Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 am

The reason why i made a separate mod is, that i added things to KoRx that Aaron didn't understand and thus refused to accept them. I will add all good ideas from KoRx to CoRx and send all important fixes to KoRx.

Yes i agree. We are our own mod. I would not like the idea of the things we did, some being rejected, and some being added to a mod that's already in use.

CoRx is not in use yet.
You can add everything you did as long as it is still playable and looks not that much like paint7.
And as far as i have seen the your mod, you only changed the textures. We could put them into a branch of CoRx so when you build the GBA mod you get your textures and i can build the CoRx mod with "normal" textures from the same repository. It would reduce the work for everyone.

Last edited by TheCamper on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

TheCamper
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

Post  GLAMEOW Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 am

speaking of modding...

got svn access?

gimme addresses?

I have just learned how to mod QVM's and I want to screw around for a bit.
GLAMEOW
GLAMEOW
Pokémon FTW
Pokémon FTW

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCamper Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 am

GLAMEOW wrote:speaking of modding...

got svn access?

gimme addresses?

svn access: you need a google mail account. When you got it, send its email address.

Also: get on irc Twisted Evil

TheCamper
Dretch
Dretch

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hovel Humper Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:40 am

GLAMEOW wrote:speaking of modding...

got svn access?

gimme addresses?

Gah... I've had our game.qmv for about 2 weeks now... >.<!
The Hovel Humper
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum