I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  $$Luis$$ on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:51 pm

well i still cant download your models ._.
avatar
$$Luis$$
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 495
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 22
Location : North HollyWood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Menace13 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:34 am

DucTape wrote:
Menace13 wrote:What don't you like about the GUI? IMO it's better than the Tremfusion one...

FSM always worked fine for me, no matter the server...I used it on X, A, Zombie mod, Ambush mod, HvsH, KoRx, AU mod, and even your server. I also used it on the GBA clanserv, both with and without Pathbot mod.

With FSM-gpp I have played on the best modded server ever: my clan's clanserv. It has HvsH and AvsA at the same time implemented only while playing layouts labeled "tkwar". It also has practice mode (only arms, medis, nodes, rc, om, boost, eggs, cades, and no buildables can be destroyed) integrated in using "practice" layouts. With a "BUILTIN" layout or "alt1"-"alt5" layout you can play like normal with default or alternate layouts. That's why I think the Sir|ver (the Sir|Clan Official Server) is the best modded server ever. Not that any of you care...
It actually sounds kinda cool. Too bad it doesn't have any of the KoRx stuff for the teams though.
But the KoRx stuff is horrible, why would anyone care? Razz

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Posts : 656
Join date : 2010-07-26
Location : http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat-longcat-very-long-demotivational-poster-1216686741.jpg

View user profile http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  KingNickolas on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Menace13 wrote:
DucTape wrote:
Menace13 wrote:What don't you like about the GUI? IMO it's better than the Tremfusion one...

FSM always worked fine for me, no matter the server...I used it on X, A, Zombie mod, Ambush mod, HvsH, KoRx, AU mod, and even your server. I also used it on the GBA clanserv, both with and without Pathbot mod.

With FSM-gpp I have played on the best modded server ever: my clan's clanserv. It has HvsH and AvsA at the same time implemented only while playing layouts labeled "tkwar". It also has practice mode (only arms, medis, nodes, rc, om, boost, eggs, cades, and no buildables can be destroyed) integrated in using "practice" layouts. With a "BUILTIN" layout or "alt1"-"alt5" layout you can play like normal with default or alternate layouts. That's why I think the Sir|ver (the Sir|Clan Official Server) is the best modded server ever. Not that any of you care...
It actually sounds kinda cool. Too bad it doesn't have any of the KoRx stuff for the teams though.
But the KoRx stuff is horrible, why would anyone care? Razz

Because KorX > GPP any day of the week.
avatar
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 105
Location : Dead, just for luis.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  DucTape on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 am

I never played GPP, so I don't have any room to compare the two, but I know GPP doesn't have the same adv. basi and mara abilities, and doesn't have adv dretch, spitfire, or adv rants. (adv dretch is my favorite class BTW)
And something about human weapons and gear, but I only play humans when I have to.
avatar
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 389
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 24
Location : Keeping the Humpers away from my Glameows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Unforgiven7120 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:25 pm

I still have the original 1.1.0 tjw client for Tremulous, and that works just fine. And, while playing Trem (back in the day), I saw plenty of people having problems with Tremfusion. Even I had problems with Tremfusion. So... my point? Tremfusion seems buggy as hell to me, and it seems buggy as hell to other people too.

Also, I knew Frak, Slacker, and Mercury while they were making FSM, and from Mercury was telling me (back from the day, you know), everything was running just fine without very many bugs.
avatar
Unforgiven7120
Dragoon
Dragoon

Posts : 305
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 27
Location : Lake Havasu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Menace13 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Unforgiven7120 wrote:I still have the original 1.1.0 tjw client for Tremulous, and that works just fine. And, while playing Trem (back in the day), I saw plenty of people having problems with Tremfusion. Even I had problems with Tremfusion. So... my point? Tremfusion seems buggy as hell to me, and it seems buggy as hell to other people too.

Also, I knew Frak, Slacker, and Mercury while they were making FSM, and from Mercury was telling me (back from the day, you know), everything was running just fine without very many bugs.


Very Happy

Yeah, Tremfusion NEVER worked for me. Not once. Dunno why. I just could not get it to work. But I saw my brother use it and it looked like crap. So he decided to stay with FSM. And I bugged him until I could get FSM, too.

I love the original tjw backport too though Razz

Slacker still gets on every now and then (on 1.2 of course).

@DucTape: Adv. Basi and Mara are MUCH better in GPP than KoRx OR 1.1.

Adv. Basi gas no longer does damage, but not only fucks their vision up for a couple seconds, it slows them down for up to 10 seconds. Also, Basi grab is SO much easier to use. Basi also now has the Rant's healing aura, healing aliens at half the speed of booster as normal Basi or the same speed as booster as Adv. Basi. Basi has 60 HP, Adv. Basi has 80 HP. It now is actually a helpful unit, like it is supposed to be. Much of this was stolen by KoRx when they realized how much better GPP was. And KoRx's shitty cloak/invisibasi? NO POINT TO IT. A good basi can run around a map for hours. With their healing abilities, they can take damage, and heal it all back in a few seconds, before hiding in their next spot. There has never been and never will be a point to cloak/invisibasi. They are just gimmicks.

Adv. Mara is so much better now. It has much better jumping ability, and can hop up walls with ease. No crappy BS snipe like in POS KoRx. The zap is much better, too. It now can rape a clustered human base. It by itself manages to take out human bases much easier than any other alien class. This forces new building tactics, and makes teslas necessary. Clustered bases will be raped by Adv. Mara zap and Adv. Goon splash-damage-dealing snipes. Adv. Mara doesn't need a snipe. It is overpowered as it is, as you would see if ever a good player got on KoRx. If my bindlist worked on KoRx I might get on and show you what I mean. Oh wait. KoRx is a POS Lagged mod. Nevermind. The snipe is just another gimmick.

Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick. They just wanted a way to be faggots, so they made the Adv. Dretch. All it does is pounce (which a good Dretch doesn't need, they just strafe jump and use the walls) and leave a weak long-term spreading poison. This poison is retarded. It works nothing like AIDS. AIDS doesn't in itself deal damage, it should just weaken resistance to poison. And AIDS wouldn't (SHOULD NOT) spread between all the MALE human soldiers. Adv. Basi gas is the only thing I can see working like their so-called "AIDS", but it would all dissipate at the same time after X length of time, not spread between them over and over. All-in-all, Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick, and a poorly made one at that. They simply took 2 pre-made things and added them to it, barely changing them. End of story.

Spitfire. Oh, I could go to TOWN on this one. Spitfire is the MOST USELESS CLASS EVER. (Besides an S2 normal granger, of course.) All it can do is fly, zap, and drop spit bombs. OH MY A FLYING ALIEN COOL COOL COOL--It's already been done! Spirfire IS NOT the first flying alien. The Fletch was. And the Fletch was actually useful. It was literally just a 50 HP Dretch that flew. It could actually deal DAMAGE. What can the Spitfire zap do? Oh my, it drains ammo (of energy weapons). Oh my, it lowers jetpack fuel. Oh my, it deals minuscule damage. Oh my, it lowers the human's latitude slightly. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That's what Adv. Goon was made for: pouncing/sniping jettards out of the sky. Before you say that Adv. Goon can't do that on [insert_next_crappy_name_here]cannon map, I have one thing to say to you. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A GOOD CANNON MAP. I knew the maker of Pushcannon. It was a gimmick map. The map was made for testing stuff. NOT GAMEPLAY. Same goes for Gauntlet/MissionOne/DeathRun/Mudkip. They are gimmick maps, not real maps. End of story. And what of the Spitfire's spit bomb? OH MY! It does splash damage! BIG FUCKING WHOOP. So does the 1.2 Adv. Goon barb. Get off your high horse('s dick). Spitfire has never had a use, and never will. A good Adv. Mara or Adv. Goon can get anywhere on a (good) map that they can fit. End of story.

Oh yes, and the Adv. Rant. I WILL go to town on this one. Adv. Rant in one word? Useless. It's a bigger tank. It's unnecessary. A good rant can tank just as well. Just charge the human, knock him back, then slash him, dodge to the side, and slash again (and again if you have bad enough aim to have not killed him by now). Spit bomb? No need. Just slash a ret, slash it again. Charge a tesla, slash it, slash it again. Charge over the medi/nodes. Slash the medi, slash each node thrice, game over. You don't need a bigger Rant. Rant got its health LOWERED for 1.2 because of how OP of a tank it was. A LARGER tank would just be more OP. And costing that many more evos for it? They just wanted it to cost the max. possible to make it cost. End of story. It's just another gimmick.



AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE IF YOU ARE NOT BLIND, KoRx IS 80% GIMMICK. And half of the stuff they have was stolen from 1.2/MGdev (an old pre-1.2 server that had a mod that was effectively what 1.2 would be).

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Posts : 656
Join date : 2010-07-26
Location : http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat-longcat-very-long-demotivational-poster-1216686741.jpg

View user profile http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Unforgiven7120 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Unfortunately, I'm assuming your gpp is unlagged, myes? That's the only reason why I'm not going to play any servers on it. The only unlagged that works is on my xbox.

Otherwise, from Menace's description, it sounds like the upcoming 1.2 sounds more badass than anything 1.1.
avatar
Unforgiven7120
Dragoon
Dragoon

Posts : 305
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 27
Location : Lake Havasu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  The Hovel Humper on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Menace13 wrote:
Adv. Basi gas no longer does damage, but not only fucks their vision up for a couple seconds, it slows them down for up to 10 seconds. Also, Basi grab is SO much easier to use. Basi also now has the Rant's healing aura, healing aliens at half the speed of booster as normal Basi or the same speed as booster as Adv. Basi. Basi has 60 HP, Adv. Basi has 80 HP. It now is actually a helpful unit, like it is supposed to be. Much of this was stolen by KoRx when they realized how much better GPP was. And KoRx's shitty cloak/invisibasi? NO POINT TO IT. A good basi can run around a map for hours. With their healing abilities, they can take damage, and heal it all back in a few seconds, before hiding in their next spot. There has never been and never will be a point to cloak/invisibasi. They are just gimmicks.

KoRx is made as a balance mod, the cloak is a feature to make the game more exiting as well as to combat the human cloak.

Menace13 wrote:
Adv. Mara is so much better now. It has much better jumping ability, and can hop up walls with ease. No crappy BS snipe like in POS KoRx. The zap is much better, too. It now can rape a clustered human base. It by itself manages to take out human bases much easier than any other alien class. This forces new building tactics, and makes teslas necessary. Clustered bases will be raped by Adv. Mara zap and Adv. Goon splash-damage-dealing snipes. Adv. Mara doesn't need a snipe. It is overpowered as it is, as you would see if ever a good player got on KoRx. If my bindlist worked on KoRx I might get on and show you what I mean. Oh wait. KoRx is a POS Lagged mod. Nevermind. The snipe is just another gimmick.

Hell, humans have...

Blaster
Rifle
Shotgun (Not Included)
Lasgun
Mass Driver
Pulse Rifle
Chaingun (Not Included)
Lucifer Cannon
Xael (Not Included)

So 6 long range (5 good long range) weapons and aliens have 1 range weapon what can't really surpass 1/5 of most maps. As I said earlier Mara has the snipe for a reason, it is to take down parts of a base other aliens can't. Oh and it's long range, I havn't known a map it can't get to the other side of

Menace13 wrote:
Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick. They just wanted a way to be faggots, so they made the Adv. Dretch. All it does is pounce (which a good Dretch doesn't need, they just strafe jump and use the walls) and leave a weak long-term spreading poison. This poison is retarded. It works nothing like AIDS. AIDS doesn't in itself deal damage, it should just weaken resistance to poison. And AIDS wouldn't (SHOULD NOT) spread between all the MALE human soldiers. Adv. Basi gas is the only thing I can see working like their so-called "AIDS", but it would all dissipate at the same time after X length of time, not spread between them over and over. All-in-all, Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick, and a poorly made one at that. They simply took 2 pre-made things and added them to it, barely changing them. End of story.

If you look through all or the current (or older KoRx) files they have no mention to 'real' A.I.D.S, it is purely a name for an infection on there. I do agree that it doesn't serve much of a purpose bout the pounce comes in very useful against the Massdrivers as wall crawling just doesn't cut it there.

Menace13 wrote:
Spitfire. Oh, I could go to TOWN on this one. Spitfire is the MOST USELESS CLASS EVER. (Besides an S2 normal granger, of course.) All it can do is fly, zap, and drop spit bombs. OH MY A FLYING ALIEN COOL COOL COOL--It's already been done! Spirfire IS NOT the first flying alien. The Fletch was. And the Fletch was actually useful. It was literally just a 50 HP Dretch that flew. It could actually deal DAMAGE. What can the Spitfire zap do? Oh my, it drains ammo (of energy weapons). Oh my, it lowers jetpack fuel. Oh my, it deals minuscule damage. Oh my, it lowers the human's latitude slightly. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That's what Adv. Goon was made for: pouncing/sniping jettards out of the sky. Before you say that Adv. Goon can't do that on [insert_next_crappy_name_here]cannon map, I have one thing to say to you. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A GOOD CANNON MAP. I knew the maker of Pushcannon. It was a gimmick map. The map was made for testing stuff. NOT GAMEPLAY. Same goes for Gauntlet/MissionOne/DeathRun/Mudkip. They are gimmick maps, not real maps. End of story. And what of the Spitfire's spit bomb? OH MY! It does splash damage! BIG FUCKING WHOOP. So does the 1.2 Adv. Goon barb. Get off your high horse('s dick). Spitfire has never had a use, and never will. A good Adv. Mara or Adv. Goon can get anywhere on a (good) map that they can fit. End of story.

Dude, no need for nerd rage. you don't decide which maps come up on what servers (Honestly I'de like to see you try) so Cannon maps do come up, As you've probably known since I've told you loads of times already KoRx is a balance mod, Goon barb can't reach the Jet campers in the corner of the sky as it's like a limp dick. Spitfire doesn't cause much damage but teamwork can. I think that the main purpose of the spitfire isn't to kill but to get Jet campers down from the sky so other aliens can assist in killing it. (Oh and according to you, the Adv. Mara shouldn't exist here so I'm ignoring your point there)

Menace13 wrote:
Oh yes, and the Adv. Rant. I WILL go to town on this one. Adv. Rant in one word? Useless. It's a bigger tank. It's unnecessary. A good rant can tank just as well. Just charge the human, knock him back, then slash him, dodge to the side, and slash again (and again if you have bad enough aim to have not killed him by now). Spit bomb? No need. Just slash a ret, slash it again. Charge a tesla, slash it, slash it again. Charge over the medi/nodes. Slash the medi, slash each node thrice, game over. You don't need a bigger Rant. Rant got its health LOWERED for 1.2 because of how OP of a tank it was. A LARGER tank would just be more OP. And costing that many more evos for it? They just wanted it to cost the max. possible to make it cost. End of story. It's just another gimmick.

Due to the force field of KoRx rants don't have much of an option to 'slash a ret, slash it again. Charge a tesla, slash it, slash it again. Charge over the medi/nodes. Slash the medi, slash each node thrice' and since there's surge and cloaks goons don't have much of a chance camping outside of a humans base without getting 'Lucid' to mars. They need something strong, what can go over force fields and doesn't last long and therefore the bomb is really useful.

You need to take into the aspects of the maps, the players, the teamwork and the mod itself dude. I'm not arguing that KoRx is better, I'm arguing my points on why I like it and why it doesn't fail.

Menace13 wrote:
AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE IF YOU ARE NOT BLIND, KoRx IS 80% GIMMICK. And half of the stuff they have was stolen from 1.2/MGdev (an old pre-1.2 server that had a mod that was effectively what 1.2 would be).

Tremx > KoRx Nothing else.


Last edited by The Hovel Humper on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

avatar
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 1050
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 23
Location : Keeping the glameows away from my maras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  KingNickolas on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Tremx > KoRx Nothing else.

Quoted for truth.
avatar
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 105
Location : Dead, just for luis.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  DucTape on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 am

Menace13 wrote:
Unforgiven7120 wrote:I still have the original 1.1.0 tjw client for Tremulous, and that works just fine. And, while playing Trem (back in the day), I saw plenty of people having problems with Tremfusion. Even I had problems with Tremfusion. So... my point? Tremfusion seems buggy as hell to me, and it seems buggy as hell to other people too.

Also, I knew Frak, Slacker, and Mercury while they were making FSM, and from Mercury was telling me (back from the day, you know), everything was running just fine without very many bugs.


Very Happy

Yeah, Tremfusion NEVER worked for me. Not once. Dunno why. I just could not get it to work. But I saw my brother use it and it looked like crap. So he decided to stay with FSM. And I bugged him until I could get FSM, too.

I love the original tjw backport too though Razz

Slacker still gets on every now and then (on 1.2 of course).

@DucTape: Adv. Basi and Mara are MUCH better in GPP than KoRx OR 1.1.

Adv. Basi gas no longer does damage, but not only fucks their vision up for a couple seconds, it slows them down for up to 10 seconds. Also, Basi grab is SO much easier to use. Basi also now has the Rant's healing aura, healing aliens at half the speed of booster as normal Basi or the same speed as booster as Adv. Basi. Basi has 60 HP, Adv. Basi has 80 HP. It now is actually a helpful unit, like it is supposed to be. Much of this was stolen by KoRx when they realized how much better GPP was. And KoRx's shitty cloak/invisibasi? NO POINT TO IT. A good basi can run around a map for hours. With their healing abilities, they can take damage, and heal it all back in a few seconds, before hiding in their next spot. There has never been and never will be a point to cloak/invisibasi. They are just gimmicks.

Adv. Mara is so much better now. It has much better jumping ability, and can hop up walls with ease. No crappy BS snipe like in POS KoRx. The zap is much better, too. It now can rape a clustered human base. It by itself manages to take out human bases much easier than any other alien class. This forces new building tactics, and makes teslas necessary. Clustered bases will be raped by Adv. Mara zap and Adv. Goon splash-damage-dealing snipes. Adv. Mara doesn't need a snipe. It is overpowered as it is, as you would see if ever a good player got on KoRx. If my bindlist worked on KoRx I might get on and show you what I mean. Oh wait. KoRx is a POS Lagged mod. Nevermind. The snipe is just another gimmick.

Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick. They just wanted a way to be faggots, so they made the Adv. Dretch. All it does is pounce (which a good Dretch doesn't need, they just strafe jump and use the walls) and leave a weak long-term spreading poison. This poison is retarded. It works nothing like AIDS. AIDS doesn't in itself deal damage, it should just weaken resistance to poison. And AIDS wouldn't (SHOULD NOT) spread between all the MALE human soldiers. Adv. Basi gas is the only thing I can see working like their so-called "AIDS", but it would all dissipate at the same time after X length of time, not spread between them over and over. All-in-all, Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick, and a poorly made one at that. They simply took 2 pre-made things and added them to it, barely changing them. End of story.

Spitfire. Oh, I could go to TOWN on this one. Spitfire is the MOST USELESS CLASS EVER. (Besides an S2 normal granger, of course.) All it can do is fly, zap, and drop spit bombs. OH MY A FLYING ALIEN COOL COOL COOL--It's already been done! Spirfire IS NOT the first flying alien. The Fletch was. And the Fletch was actually useful. It was literally just a 50 HP Dretch that flew. It could actually deal DAMAGE. What can the Spitfire zap do? Oh my, it drains ammo (of energy weapons). Oh my, it lowers jetpack fuel. Oh my, it deals minuscule damage. Oh my, it lowers the human's latitude slightly. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That's what Adv. Goon was made for: pouncing/sniping jettards out of the sky. Before you say that Adv. Goon can't do that on [insert_next_crappy_name_here]cannon map, I have one thing to say to you. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A GOOD CANNON MAP. I knew the maker of Pushcannon. It was a gimmick map. The map was made for testing stuff. NOT GAMEPLAY. Same goes for Gauntlet/MissionOne/DeathRun/Mudkip. They are gimmick maps, not real maps. End of story. And what of the Spitfire's spit bomb? OH MY! It does splash damage! BIG FUCKING WHOOP. So does the 1.2 Adv. Goon barb. Get off your high horse('s dick). Spitfire has never had a use, and never will. A good Adv. Mara or Adv. Goon can get anywhere on a (good) map that they can fit. End of story.

Oh yes, and the Adv. Rant. I WILL go to town on this one. Adv. Rant in one word? Useless. It's a bigger tank. It's unnecessary. A good rant can tank just as well. Just charge the human, knock him back, then slash him, dodge to the side, and slash again (and again if you have bad enough aim to have not killed him by now). Spit bomb? No need. Just slash a ret, slash it again. Charge a tesla, slash it, slash it again. Charge over the medi/nodes. Slash the medi, slash each node thrice, game over. You don't need a bigger Rant. Rant got its health LOWERED for 1.2 because of how OP of a tank it was. A LARGER tank would just be more OP. And costing that many more evos for it? They just wanted it to cost the max. possible to make it cost. End of story. It's just another gimmick.



AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE IF YOU ARE NOT BLIND, KoRx IS 80% GIMMICK. And half of the stuff they have was stolen from 1.2/MGdev (an old pre-1.2 server that had a mod that was effectively what 1.2 would be).

I guess I'll have to play it myself then. Only reasonable way to decide which is better. If the basi & mara are better than plain 1.1 it might be good, even if they aren't the same as in KoRx. After my wrist heals I'll give it a go. (No use trying to play one handed XD)
avatar
DucTape
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 389
Join date : 2010-07-28
Age : 24
Location : Keeping the Humpers away from my Glameows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Menace13 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:
Adv. Basi gas no longer does damage, but not only fucks their vision up for a couple seconds, it slows them down for up to 10 seconds. Also, Basi grab is SO much easier to use. Basi also now has the Rant's healing aura, healing aliens at half the speed of booster as normal Basi or the same speed as booster as Adv. Basi. Basi has 60 HP, Adv. Basi has 80 HP. It now is actually a helpful unit, like it is supposed to be. Much of this was stolen by KoRx when they realized how much better GPP was. And KoRx's shitty cloak/invisibasi? NO POINT TO IT. A good basi can run around a map for hours. With their healing abilities, they can take damage, and heal it all back in a few seconds, before hiding in their next spot. There has never been and never will be a point to cloak/invisibasi. They are just gimmicks.

KoRx is made as a balance mod, the cloak is a feature to make the game more exiting as well as to combat the human cloak.

The only true balance mod was the Balance mod. And anyways, 1.2 is WAY more balanced than any mod or server ever. As for the cloak, r_celoutline 1 eliminates the usefulness of the cloak. If the server doesn't allow r_celoutline 1, change its name in your client's source codes, compile, and use that. Anyways, according to what you're saying, it would be just fine to get rid of cloak for both teams. It doesn't make the game more exciting, and it's completely useless. If they made it to combat the human cloak, just take away all cloaking. There's no use for it.

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:
Adv. Mara is so much better now. It has much better jumping ability, and can hop up walls with ease. No crappy BS snipe like in POS KoRx. The zap is much better, too. It now can rape a clustered human base. It by itself manages to take out human bases much easier than any other alien class. This forces new building tactics, and makes teslas necessary. Clustered bases will be raped by Adv. Mara zap and Adv. Goon splash-damage-dealing snipes. Adv. Mara doesn't need a snipe. It is overpowered as it is, as you would see if ever a good player got on KoRx. If my bindlist worked on KoRx I might get on and show you what I mean. Oh wait. KoRx is a POS Lagged mod. Nevermind. The snipe is just another gimmick.

Hell, humans have...

Blaster
Rifle
Shotgun (Not Included)
Lasgun
Mass Driver
Pulse Rifle
Chaingun (Not Included)
Lucifer Cannon
Xael (Not Included)

So 6 long range (5 good long range) weapons and aliens have 1 range weapon what can't really surpass 1/5 of most maps. As I said earlier Mara has the snipe for a reason, it is to take down parts of a base other aliens can't. Oh and it's long range, I havn't known a map it can't get to the other side of

Any good alien can take down any part of a base (that they are capable of killing @ Dretch). However, a good base would not be in the open allowing aliens to snipe them at all. Aliens only need the Adv. Goon snipe. Adv. Mara is OP as it is, what with the frickin' fast slashing for 40 damage. Long range snipe? Big deal. No map should be so fucking horrible as to be open like pushcannon, allowing that to happen at all. A good map would be completely enclosed, such as Nexus6, Niveus, Arachnid2, and somewhat ATCS. You don't need another way to snipe. If your team can't win with Adv. Goon snipe, it's not a very good team.

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:
Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick. They just wanted a way to be faggots, so they made the Adv. Dretch. All it does is pounce (which a good Dretch doesn't need, they just strafe jump and use the walls) and leave a weak long-term spreading poison. This poison is retarded. It works nothing like AIDS. AIDS doesn't in itself deal damage, it should just weaken resistance to poison. And AIDS wouldn't (SHOULD NOT) spread between all the MALE human soldiers. Adv. Basi gas is the only thing I can see working like their so-called "AIDS", but it would all dissipate at the same time after X length of time, not spread between them over and over. All-in-all, Adv. Dretch is just a gimmick, and a poorly made one at that. They simply took 2 pre-made things and added them to it, barely changing them. End of story.

If you look through all or the current (or older KoRx) files they have no mention to 'real' A.I.D.S, it is purely a name for an infection on there. I do agree that it doesn't serve much of a purpose bout the pounce comes in very useful against the Massdrivers as wall crawling just doesn't cut it there.

Yeah, I know it's not meant as real AIDS. I did play TremX you know. Back then it was known as the "Infection". As for the pounce, it's also completely unnecessary. It's not hard to dodge MDs, especially on a shitty Lagged server. I could dodge an MD for hours in a hall on Lagged, no problem. You just have to never go across your own path, and move erratically. You don't even NEED the walls. And the Dretch doesn't need more speed. It's the third fastest alien, after Mara and Goon. A strafe-jumping Dretch can easily reach 800 on any map.

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:
Spitfire. Oh, I could go to TOWN on this one. Spitfire is the MOST USELESS CLASS EVER. (Besides an S2 normal granger, of course.) All it can do is fly, zap, and drop spit bombs. OH MY A FLYING ALIEN COOL COOL COOL--It's already been done! Spirfire IS NOT the first flying alien. The Fletch was. And the Fletch was actually useful. It was literally just a 50 HP Dretch that flew. It could actually deal DAMAGE. What can the Spitfire zap do? Oh my, it drains ammo (of energy weapons). Oh my, it lowers jetpack fuel. Oh my, it deals minuscule damage. Oh my, it lowers the human's latitude slightly. BIG FUCKING DEAL. That's what Adv. Goon was made for: pouncing/sniping jettards out of the sky. Before you say that Adv. Goon can't do that on [insert_next_crappy_name_here]cannon map, I have one thing to say to you. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A GOOD CANNON MAP. I knew the maker of Pushcannon. It was a gimmick map. The map was made for testing stuff. NOT GAMEPLAY. Same goes for Gauntlet/MissionOne/DeathRun/Mudkip. They are gimmick maps, not real maps. End of story. And what of the Spitfire's spit bomb? OH MY! It does splash damage! BIG FUCKING WHOOP. So does the 1.2 Adv. Goon barb. Get off your high horse('s dick). Spitfire has never had a use, and never will. A good Adv. Mara or Adv. Goon can get anywhere on a (good) map that they can fit. End of story.

Dude, no need for nerd rage. you don't decide which maps come up on what servers (Honestly I'de like to see you try) so Cannon maps do come up, As you've probably known since I've told you loads of times already KoRx is a balance mod, Goon barb can't reach the Jet campers in the corner of the sky as it's like a limp dick. Spitfire doesn't cause much damage but teamwork can. I think that the main purpose of the spitfire isn't to kill but to get Jet campers down from the sky so other aliens can assist in killing it. (Oh and according to you, the Adv. Mara shouldn't exist here so I'm ignoring your point there)

Good servers don't run Cannon maps. End of story. KoRx is NOT a balance mod. End of story. Good maps don't have anywhere on a map that Adv. Goon or Adv. Mara cannot hit or get to. For example, on ATCS, the goon can pounce just high enough to hit anywhere on the sky, but a good jettard can dodge the Goon. You don't EVER need Spitfire. Anyways, if a map is shitty enough to have a spot jettards can stay without getting hurt, improvise. Pounce a Dretch into the air, then snipe it up to the jettard. Not hard. If that doesn't work, just let him be. He'll run out of ammo shortly. (Oh, and I never said the Adv. Mara shouldn't exist. Just the Adv. Mara snipe. The thing is fucking useless.)

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:
Oh yes, and the Adv. Rant. I WILL go to town on this one. Adv. Rant in one word? Useless. It's a bigger tank. It's unnecessary. A good rant can tank just as well. Just charge the human, knock him back, then slash him, dodge to the side, and slash again (and again if you have bad enough aim to have not killed him by now). Spit bomb? No need. Just slash a ret, slash it again. Charge a tesla, slash it, slash it again. Charge over the medi/nodes. Slash the medi, slash each node thrice, game over. You don't need a bigger Rant. Rant got its health LOWERED for 1.2 because of how OP of a tank it was. A LARGER tank would just be more OP. And costing that many more evos for it? They just wanted it to cost the max. possible to make it cost. End of story. It's just another gimmick.

Due to the force field of KoRx rants don't have much of an option to 'slash a ret, slash it again. Charge a tesla, slash it, slash it again. Charge over the medi/nodes. Slash the medi, slash each node thrice' and since there's surge and cloaks goons don't have much of a chance camping outside of a humans base without getting 'Lucid' to mars. They need something strong, what can go over force fields and doesn't last long and therefore the bomb is really useful.

The forcefield is one of those useless gimmick features I didn't get to, because I was focusing on aliens. The forcefield is useless; with rets in good positions, any alien that comes into your base will die before it can kill anything more than a ret or medi. (Two slashes for a rant.) All the forcefield does is waste BP that you could be using for something helpful, like another turret. Surge and Cloak are both useless as well. A good Luci can 1-hit a goon. Luci does 265 max. default damage, so you don't need something boosting the damage. Hiding with a cloak is also useless, and easy to detect. Cloak becomes a waste of credits when you are fighting a good player who has r_celoutline 1, or if you have a jetpack or battpack. Bomb has no use, as you can just slash the forcefield without getting hit by turrets as a Mara or something before Rant rushing. But since there's no such thing as a forcefield or an Adv. Rant bomb, there is no USE for either one. Trem had everything it needed to be balanced back in 1.1, and in 1.2 they perfected all those things to make it just about perfectly balanced.


The Hovel Humper wrote:You need to take into the aspects of the maps, the players, the teamwork and the mod itself dude. I'm not arguing that KoRx is better, I'm arguing my points on why I like it and why it doesn't fail.

This is such an important point I had to raise my font size and make it a separate quote: MAPS ARE MADE FOR THE GAME, THE GAME IS NOT MADE FOR THE MAPS. IF A MAP IS NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME, THAT MAP SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED IN THAT GAME. The game should not be made for the average team, as usually noobs flood humans and pros flood aliens. Therefore, you assume an average skill level, and support teamwork for both teams (NEVER assume teamwork), and make the game fair with THOSE in mind. And you never, EVER, take into mind a shitty mod for how you make the game.

The Hovel Humper wrote:
Menace13 wrote:
AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE IF YOU ARE NOT BLIND, KoRx IS 80% GIMMICK. And half of the stuff they have was stolen from 1.2/MGdev (an old pre-1.2 server that had a mod that was effectively what 1.2 would be).

Tremx > KoRx Nothing else.

TremX > KoRx. Agreed. But 1.2 > All.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Posts : 656
Join date : 2010-07-26
Location : http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat-longcat-very-long-demotivational-poster-1216686741.jpg

View user profile http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Menace13 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Unforgiven7120 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm assuming your gpp is unlagged, myes? That's the only reason why I'm not going to play any servers on it. The only unlagged that works is on my xbox.

Otherwise, from Menace's description, it sounds like the upcoming 1.2 sounds more badass than anything 1.1.

In a separate post for a separate discussion (and in case Link says tl;dr to that post): GPP is largely Unlagged, but there is not only a way to make a server without it, they made a way to turn it off for YOURSELF ONLY. Also, they have GREATLY improved on Unlagged. It's now much better than it used to be.

And if you mean Single Player Unlagged on your XBox, then I laugh at you Razz NO SUCH THING. But yeah, gaming consoles are able to have better Unlagged due to more funds.

Yeah, 1.2 is much more badass than anything 1.1. Pleeeeeease try getting on some time Link? :3

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Posts : 656
Join date : 2010-07-26
Location : http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat-longcat-very-long-demotivational-poster-1216686741.jpg

View user profile http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  KingNickolas on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm

I doubt link will ever get trem. Besides the recent job he's acquired, trem just basically sucks. If he wanted to play a fun game, he'd play halo reach or something that's just awesome like that.

Also menace, stop saying that gpp is balanced. Sure, if you're pro then everything is just fine, but to tell the truth, the humans are fucking overpowered.

The only way to tell if something really is balanced is to look at a game filled with just noobs, and judge based on what happens there. If everybody has a good time, then it's balanced. If everybody is swearing the place down "SHIT SHIT, WHY FUCK NO JUMP?!" , then the game is just horrible, and not balanced at all. The last time i checked, that's exactly what was happening on gpp.

So shut the firetruck up. Goddam noob.
avatar
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 105
Location : Dead, just for luis.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Unforgiven7120 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Some of the recent coop games (such as Halo: Reach and Splinter Cell: Conviction and Army of Two: The 40th Day) sort of lags everyone else to whoever is lagging the most. While yes, it does get immensely annoying when someone has large amounts of lag, it seems to work well enough. Reach so far has the best way of going about that, as it doesn't actually lag anyone else, but registers your movement as it hits whoever's hosting. So if I have a two second lag, my spartan won't fire or move for two seconds (which really fucking sucks). Note that's coop only.

Gears of War runs on lagged, which I still like, for some reason... even though the host always has advantage in shotgun battles... Still, they're going to have dedicated servers for Gears 3, and I still believe it'll be lagged (it was in the beta). Tremulous unlagged however... just pissed me off. I understand they tried to make it more fair, but seriously... I hate dying when I'm 1) behind an alien shooting the fuck out of it, 2) found cover behind a wall, and entered the next room when I'm safe. Perhaps they fixed it, but King's right. I'm done with Tremulous. My old clan is broken up and moved on to gpp, the servers I went to made me remember how much people are idiots on that game, and simply put... voice chat on games makes things way easier. Can't tell you how long Asian Dollface and I sat in the main menu of Resident Evil 5 and talked about random stuff.

(Do note: I'm not disagreeing to anything, nor am I saying the games I'm playing are better. It's just an informational post... there's no hidden meaning.)
avatar
Unforgiven7120
Dragoon
Dragoon

Posts : 305
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 27
Location : Lake Havasu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Menace13 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:16 am

Awwh, too bad :< I just got good ol' Khayman to get on 1.2 for the first time. He had been playing on AA for a few days after he got back, but now he's gonna switch over to 1.2 Smile

Also, King, if it's not balanced why were you playing today? I was a number of the .:Ball people. Trash.:Ball was the one you saw me under. Humans aren't overpowered at all. You just aren't as good with aliens.

Menace13
Granger
Granger

Posts : 656
Join date : 2010-07-26
Location : http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat-longcat-very-long-demotivational-poster-1216686741.jpg

View user profile http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/longcat

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  QweefZilLa on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Menace stfu about gpp, dam no one here really likes it get over it you act like its gods gift to the world and you just flame on korx ... you make your own mod and see if it gets a 10th of the amount of members / active players on it ... gpp is good so is korx there both different and offer different playing styles. please keep on topic -.- this was suppose to be about hovels server (which because im stealing internet I cant play on :'( but the granger is awesome ... Very Happy )
avatar
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

Posts : 704
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 27
Location : USA east coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  KingNickolas on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm

QweefZilLa wrote:Menace stfu about gpp, dam no one here really likes it get over it you act like its gods gift to the world and you just flame on korx ... you make your own mod and see if it gets a 10th of the amount of members / active players on it ... gpp is good so is korx there both different and offer different playing styles. please keep on topic -.- this was suppose to be about hovels server (which because im stealing internet I cant play on :'( but the granger is awesome ... Very Happy )

QWEEEEEEFFFFF!!!!!!!!

WTFBBQ GET ON MOAR!

And i agree. But I also have one more thing to say: trem will never be as good as modern day games. It was made 5 or 6 years ago as a Quake III mod. (Which is an OLD ASS game that nobody should still be playing. o_o )

Seriously, stop acting like trem if fucking Halo or something. The least you could do is not make a big jackass out of yourself taking the very game you love down. (KorX is a part of Trem btw. ;\ )
avatar
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 105
Location : Dead, just for luis.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Unforgiven7120 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 pm

To be honest, some of the modern games aren't as good either. Call of Duty? They keep coming out with new shit that is slightly different than the last game, then call it better. Halo: Reach (or any Halo for that matter)? Run at each other with assault rifles screaming like maniacs until one of you dies. And if you don't die by the time you get to each other, whoever smacks the other first wins. Gears of War? Two words: Shotgun whores.

The modern games aren't as good as they're made out to be, but whatever. I still play all of the games I've mentioned (except Call of Duty, fuck them) because they're new and shiny and look pretty when I play them.

And Hovel's server? Who's actually playing on it?

(And if anyone starts going off on how PS3 games are "so much better," their arguement is invalid because they know their games are just as shitty as Xbox games.)
avatar
Unforgiven7120
Dragoon
Dragoon

Posts : 305
Join date : 2010-08-12
Age : 27
Location : Lake Havasu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  The Hovel Humper on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Unforgiven7120 wrote:And Hovel's server? Who's actually playing on it?

I like the fact that through one small comment you've managed to keep it on topic. And the answer is nobody, there were a few but my host died with all the mod files and it's a very big mod to download through the server. I'm cutting it at the end of the billing period

_________________

avatar
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 1050
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 23
Location : Keeping the glameows away from my maras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  QweefZilLa on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:54 pm

sorry hovel I'd play on your sever but my Internets been shut off and I'm currently stealing internet from my neighbor ...

@king I just got a usb thing so I can now steal internet but It's not strong enough for gaming ...
As far as trem sucking cause its old is invalid I tend to play older games (trem and the ps2 socoms) because the game play.
I could care less about graphics as long as the game play is great which is why I still play the out dated socom combined assault online and tremulous.
The newer games look awesome but for me they lack the awesome game play.
Each unique game (as they come out with newer ones) is slowly morphing to be like every other game to appeal to the mainstream. (as far as shooter games go) and that's why the newer next generation shooters suck !
avatar
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

Posts : 704
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 27
Location : USA east coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  KingNickolas on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Sorry hovel, i really haven't gone on your sever much even though i wanted to. But bleh. : P


Anyways, this is turning into quite an interesting discussion, and i'd hate to see it go away just because of off topic-ness. So Imma make a new topic just for it. happy face : D
avatar
KingNickolas
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 2005
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 105
Location : Dead, just for luis.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  QweefZilLa on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 am

I can't get on the sever it doesn't download the stuff Sad
avatar
QweefZilLa
Granger
Granger

Posts : 704
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 27
Location : USA east coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  The Hovel Humper on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:47 pm

QweefZilLa wrote:I can't get on the sever it doesn't download the stuff Sad

I know, my host cut me out and the server is going down on the 2nd (End of billing period) I doubt it will be back up as well, it doesn't attract much attention.

_________________

avatar
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 1050
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 23
Location : Keeping the glameows away from my maras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  $$Luis$$ on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:25 pm

i would go on but i cant download models for some reason, ill try 1 more time
avatar
$$Luis$$
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 495
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 22
Location : North HollyWood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  The Hovel Humper on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:35 pm

$$Luis$$ wrote:i would go on but i cant download models for some reason, ill try 1 more time

My host cut me out... I have nothing to host the files on >.>

_________________

avatar
The Hovel Humper
Bouncing Granger!
Bouncing Granger!

Posts : 1050
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 23
Location : Keeping the glameows away from my maras

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I now have a semi permanent Trem server.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum